Dunteman Turf Farms LLC is a family owned and operated sod farm located just west of the Chicago Metropolitan area in Kaneville, IL. Three generations of Duntemans have farmed Northeastern Illinois with current farming operations spanning more than 5,000 acres. The turf farm, started in 1986, has grown to over 900 acres covering some of the most fertile soil in Illinois.
When it comes to sod, premium does not have to mean expensive. At Duntemans we are blessed with rich soil, our seeds are a special blend of elite bluegrasses, and our sod is grown a full eighteen months before harvesting.
When using Dunteman premium sod, you have the advantage of:
- Soil compatibility and interfacing because sod is locally grown.
- Higher water retention capacity than lighter organic soils, reducing watering expense and labor.
- Stronger sod with high root mass density for quick transplanting.
- Elite turf grass varieties which have consistently performed in the top half of University turf trials.
- Up to 60% shade tolerance.
- Optimal disease resistance.
- Varieties chosen for their individual strengths, tolerances, color and adaptability to job site conditions.
- Delivery usually within twenty-four hours of cutting, minimizing roll heating and optimizing transplant success.
- Two roll sizes, 10 square feet and 225 square feet.
- Close proximity to Chicagoland, which allows us to quickly respond to orders and look at any problems that may occur in site conditions and long term turf care.
- State of the art, computerized harvesting equipment.
A family that has been in the growing business as long as Dunteman’s only knows how to grow things one way - the best that technology, experience and Nature allows. The Dunteman’s goal is to provide customers with premium sod at competitive prices, delivered when and where it’s needed.